Thursday, September 23, 2010

Thursday 23 September, 2010: B2 Class

Today, we talked about countries and nationalities. Here is a list of the countries and nationalities we learned:

Poland - Polish
Italy - Italian
France - French
Greece - Greek
Turkey - Turkish
USA - American
China - Chinese
Spain - Spanish
Russia - Russian
Mongolia - Mongolian
Britain - British
Canada - Canadian

We learned how to ask and answer the question "Where do you come from?"
Example:
Q: Where do you come from?
A: I come from [COUNTRY]. --> I come from Mongolia.
A: I'm [NATIONALITY]. --> I'm Mongolian.

We also learned how to ask and answer yes/no questions about nationalities.
Example:
Q: Are you [NATIONALITY]? --> Are you Chinese?
A: Yes, I am. (if the answer is 'yes'.)
A: No, I'm not. (if the answer is 'no'.)

No comments:

Post a Comment