Monday, October 4, 2010

Tuesday 05 October, 2010: B1, B2, C3, and Grades 2 and 3

B1 Class:
In this class, we did a listening exercise and then we asked and answered some questions about our routines.  Some vocabulary that came up in this class was:
weekdays--> Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday
weekends --> Saturday and Sunday
breakfast --> the morning meal
work out --> exercise at the fitness centre
the gym --> the fitness centre

B1 Class Homework:  Make ten (10) questions based on the article "Sink your teeth into this" (everyone has to do this except for Orgil and Tsambaa, because they were the only two who actually did the homework the first time!)

B2 Class:
In this class, we learned about a website, efriends..  We also reviewed how to ask and answer a few questions and we learned som vocabulary.

Question and answers:
Q: Where is London?
A:  It's in Britain.  (This question and answer pair is correct.)

Q:  Where is Britain?
A:  It's in London.  (This question and answer pair is incorrect and does not make any sense at all.

Q:  Where does he come from?
A:  He comes from Mexico.

Q:  Where exactly? (=What city in Mexico does he come from?)
A:  He comes from Mexico City.


Vocabulary:
I hope to... --> I want to...
I would like to... --> I want to...
Want to...? --> Do you want to...?
Contact me. --> Send me and email or a letter, or call me.
Drop me an email. --> Send me an email.
all over the world --> everywhere; from many different countries
almost --> nearly, but not quite, as in the following:  __________now__17


C3 Class:
In this class,I gave the students a new seating plan.  Please do not forget where your new seats are, because I expect you to sit in these same seats from now on!

We also reviewed the vocabulary: friend / teacher / dog / elephant / parrot / car / school

We practiced writing a sentence: "This is my [mom / dad / teacher / dog / teddy bear / etc]." and we drew a picture about our sentence.

We finished the class by trying to say some tongue twisters quickly:
Tongue Twister 1:  "My name's James and that's Pat."

Tongue Twister 2: "She sells seashells by the seashore."

Tongue Twister 3: "Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear.  Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair.  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't very fuzzy, was he?"

Grades 2/3:
In this class, we continued to review the sounds of the alphabet and to practice reading three-letter words.  Today, we focussed on words witht eh short /a/ sound, such as: can / tan / tag / bag / vat / bat / rat / hat / cap / fan / pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment