Sunday, October 24, 2010

Monday, 25 October, 2010: B1 Class

In this lesson, we learned what a suggestion is and we practiced giving some suggestions:

Why don't we go to a movie?
What about going to a movie?
Let's go to a movie.
Shall we go to a movie?

Marie thinks it sounds weird to say "Shall we go to a movie?"  She prefers the word "should"-- "Should we go to a movie?", although if you want to say "shall", it definitely is okay to use "shall", as we can see in these movie posters:



We also learned some different ways to reply to a suggestion.  If our reply is "yes", we can say:
Sure.
Okay.
Let's do it.
I'd love to.
Sounds good.
Sounds great.

If our reply is "no", we can say:
Sorry, I can't.
I'd love to, but.....
I'm busy.
I'd rather not.
I don't want to.

Don't forget your homework!
Got ya lookin!  You don't have any homework today, lucky kiddos!


No comments:

Post a Comment